It’s time to swing at the chance to play softball in Boston! Social Boston Sports (SBS) offers leagues throughout the week and weekends every spring and summer throughout the city! Join us at any of our incredible venues for a fun and exciting game of softball. All leagues are coed leagues in order to get everyone involved!
Social is part of our name and we strive to make it a big part of our leagues. Our leagues are competitive, but not super competitive. We encourage you to come out to one of our various locations, play some softball and meet new people. After your game, head over to our sponsor bar for some drinks and post-game celebrations!
** Please Note: For ALL leagues you will be registering in a NEW system. All players will need to create a new account as we transition to a new software system.**
How to Sign Up
- Minimum players for a full softball team is:
- 10v10 Coed Leagues: 14 Players
- 9v9 Men’s Leagues: 12 Players
- If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee’s among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in Boston!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
Players registered with Social Boston Sports enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Social Boston Sports & Volo City Events
- Team size (12+) – Check Roster Grid For Specific League Requirements
- Minimum 3 people to play each week
- Equipment provided
- Shirts provided
- 6 Weeks + playoffs (not all teams make playoffs)
- Click here to view full rules for coed softball
- Click here to view full rules for men’s softball
Post Game Social
We are known as the most social league in Boston and that’s because we care about the bar experience!
What to expect at the bar
- Check out a new and friendly atmosphere
- Bond with teammates before or after game time
- Meet players from other teams and sports leagues
- Enjoy tasty appetizer or food discounts at select sponsor bars
- Order drinks to share or try out something new on tap
- Chat with engaging and upbeat staff
- Participate with select sponsor activations
- Collect swag or other giveaways throughout the season